Knowing the answer to the question, “Are peanuts bad for you?” is an important piece of information. And while the majority of people in America are not allergic to peanuts, for the few who are it is important to know whether or not are peanuts bad for you?
The fact that peanut oil is a healthy alternative for many chefs means that it can be a part of everything from French fries to chicken means that you always need to make sure that you know what the ingredients are in everything that you eat. From peanut snack recipes to the necessary protein for picky young eaters, peanuts, peanut butter, and other products are important sources of protein for many people in America.
Finding the right kind of food for everyone in a family can be a challenge, but there are some staples that help families make sure that they are giving everyone the nutrients that they need. From the picky eaters to those who are too busy to find time to eat, heart healthy peanuts can fill the need of a snack on even the busiest of days. Real peanut butter, in fact, provides a tasty source of protein for people of all ages.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the nutritional value of peanuts and the impact that they have on not only the food families serve all over the country, as well as how it influences the nation’s economy:
- Peanut butter was first introduced in 1904 at the St. Louis World’s Fair.
- More than 98% of U.S. children can safely enjoy peanuts and peanut-containing foods, according to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
- The average American eats as much as six pounds of peanut products every year.
- Runners, Spanish, Valencias, and Virginias are the four basic types of peanuts.
- With a slightly higher percentage in children under 5 years old, nearly 4% of adults and 4% of children 18 years of age or under have food allergies.
- For peanut butter to be labeled as such, it has to contain at least 90% peanuts, according to Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
Now that the kids are home for the summer it is especially important that parents find the most nutritional and filling snacks to make sure that kids stay as healthy and active as possible.